Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The "Ups", the "Downs" and the "I don't know what the hell is going ons"

Marriage. Enough said.

The best thing about being married has to be having the chance to spend everyday with the coolest person on earth. After dating many years, it is great to find a person that I can share the quiet moments of life with. I often find myself checking the clock throughout the day waiting for her to come home and wondering what she is doing at the moment. Of course by opening up so much and trusting in one person there are going to be the moments of hurt and sadness but they are easily forgotten when the sun decides to shine it's rays once again.

I would have to say though that as a man I spend most of my time wondering what the hell is going on. We, as men, aren't that perceptive of life in general.(at least that is what I have come to understand) When women are happy we are foolish enough to think that as long as we do nothing, they will stay happy. Avoiding the negative is not a good offense. It is like balancing dishware, you are very careful to put everything in it's proper place and very gingerly, you take you hands your off and hope it will stay balanced for a few moments. Of course as you move a few feet away, it all comes crashing down. There are no breaks in a marriage. This is a good thing though for a guy like me because I enjoy smelling the roses a little too much and by doing that, I am late for work... Damn. The final conclusion is that if I am not actively pushing forward, I am only backsliding. Most days I am left wondering what the hell is going on but slowly this giant cadbury egg is catching on.

Other than realizing my failures as a man, not much is new. I did receive a call from a friend here in the ward and he informed me that the two of us were asked to plan a party for the Elders. We had a good laugh discussing some ideas and figuring out the best way that we could offend the most people and never be asked to plan something like this again.

1 comment:

  1. Here is the secret no woman (other than me, but I'm on pain medication so I have an excuse) will share with you:

    Women have no idea what the hell is going on either. We're just better at a) hiding it b) making men feel like they are the ones who did wrong but don't know how.

    If you weren't already married I'd tell you to master those skills, but only one member of a couple is allowed to posess them. Sorry.

    If it makes you feel any better, you are married to the coolest person on Earth (other than my husband). Imagine how tough life would be if you were married to a pushy chick like me. Or worse, my mother. (that is a truly scary thought for anyone other than my step dad)

    ReplyDelete