Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Not Enough Words

Saying I like to talk is an understatement.  I am a regular Chatty Cathy when it comes to a good friend, comfortable chair, and interesting conversations.  A good talk is one of my favorite things on earth, and finding the right words to express an idea is one of the few exercises I enjoy doing.  There is an undeniable satisfaction when a single word perfectly captures the emotions I want to express.  But now I don't know what to say.  I don't have the right words or even enough words to describe the gratitude/awe/comfort/humility/friendship/happiness I've gone through in the last couple weeks.

I asked for help.  Help found me.

It will take some time for me to get back to everyone who reached out to me, but I want you to know that I appreciate each and every word shared.  There were phone calls, emails, letters, texts, cards, meals, hugs (a secret favorite of mine), jokes, gifts, acts of service, prayers, positive vibes, and so many people coming to help my family that I simply do not know how to say thank you.

As for us, we are on the mend.  Blood levels show decreasing tumor markers.  I am almost walking at regular speed.  We aren't through the storm, but we've seen that our fleet is strong enough to carry our tiny ship forward.

In other news, I thought you might appreciate how sappy our son is.  When it comes to playing with people's emotions, this kid has no limits.  It is like he watched every Oprah episode and knows how to get people all chocked up.


Ultimately the message my "caring son" wanted me to know what that there were "NO MORE WORRYS!!!"

He was right too.  Sure I was scared, but I found love when I had plenty of reasons to doubt.






Oh, and just to show you how funny some people can be, here is one of the best things I got:


No comments:

Post a Comment