Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Happy Thought

What are your favorite memories from childhood?  One of mine is traveling with the family.  It didn't seem to matter where we were going, but it was fun to pile in the car and just drive.  I remember after a couple of hours on the road, I would start to get sleepy, and I would eventually find that perfect position where I could fall asleep to the gentle humming of the engine and roadway.

Now I am a dad and do most of the driving on our little excursions.  Approaching the George Washington bridge a few weeks ago after spending the day Upstate, I realized that my little brood had found that "sweet spot" to sleep comfortably in the car.  Of course, I would have liked to be the one sleeping, but I couldn't help but smile when I thought of the memories that I am passing down, and that my small family trusted me enough to get them home safely.

This makes me happy.



I know I am not smiling... remember I said the GW bridge... no one smiles while fighting traffic to get on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment