Saturday, November 11, 2006

Godiva at Grand Central


Another week complete. I know that soon enough I will be able to stop the madness and start smelling roses but for now, i will just keep plugging away. In some ways it was really routine, Morristown on Thursday, Queens dance on Friday, Manhattan on Saturday, but really this place has become my home. I don't know how to explain it other than to say that this is a great place to be. Whether driving on the NJ turnpike or riding the A train through Brooklyn, or eating some great Godiva dark chocolate in Grand Central Station, I feel at home.

Morristonw on theursady wasn't too bad because the snobby girls didn't show up in full force. it is fun to see how quickly the mean girls will be nice to everyone as soon as they are alone... They have some great strength... Anyways, there is a new nanny in the class, wink, and she seems really nice, wink...

Friday night was the Queens dance and it wasn't fun this time around. For some reason the party never got started and so many people would show up, walk in and then walk right out. The music was a little too heavy on the latin side, even for some of the Latinos. Afterwards though David and I went to a Diner with some of the Jersey girls he brought with him and we were there for a couple of hours eating ice cream and french fries. That was a ton of fun and made the whole night worth it. i worked a few hours on Saturday morning, long enough to get mad at most of the guys working. I really don't understand what is going on in the minds of these men and why they need a babysitter to do their jobs but that is what I do, all day long. The nice thing about it though is that I am really getting past the learning curve now and I am able to do some proper followup with the guys to let them know I am watching.

Saturday night I met up with some friends and we went to a comedy club, the improv on 59th street. It was fun, other than the 2 drink minimum. i don't mind buying overpriced drinks but it would be nice if they were at least tasty. oh well. The comedy was really funny and they made fun of a cowboy from Montana most of the night that sat at the front. After that, we did the usual thing of wondering around Manhattan until we found our way back to Grand Central. I still had a bit of energy so instead of taking the shuttle cross town I walked to my train and it was a nice night so it was a great stroll. Of course by the time I got home I was tired as all get out but I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment