Sunday, July 16, 2006

A home in Queens


In anticipation of finally getting hired by Orkin (cross my fingers), I decided to check out a ward over in Queens this morning and I loved it! Babies were crying, old women were talking, speakers were boring and I felt right at home. This ward was friendly and everyone was wanting to know if I had moved in already and where I was at. A couple of people gave me some great suggestions and the elders quorum pres. gave me his contact info so I can get in touch if I had any problems. The ward was full of filipinos too! I could just tell that I would settle in nicely with this group. Now I just need to find a place in the ward and still make some occasional visits to a few singles wards.

Yesterday morning I met up with another Service Manager at the Orkin branch and I just followed him around while he did his thing and felt sure that it is within my capabilities to do this job. Where I go from here??? That is the question. It has been a very busy week and I am just wanting to get this over and done with so I can start living a life again. I am sure though that my patience will pay off, after all, there are perks to being a manager with a large company. Sure there will be some hard work but the rewards are there.

This evening, I spent with the Ortiz family. They had some guests over and after dinner, we played some cards and watched a movie. We watched the Mormon version of Pride and Prejudice and it is funny enough to keep the laughs going. Up until watching that movie, I haven't been homesick at all but seeing the mountains and the aspen trees just made me miss those nice summer evenings that we get in Utah. Still love being in the East, just miss some of the comforts of home.

A few of us in the institute class have decided that come this Friday, we will be keeping a tally of how many times Grat (David's brother) will be kissing his fiance. My money is around 55-65 and I think that may be a little low after all, the class is almost 2 hours. I will let you know and maybe if I am sneaky enough, I can get a pic of them smooching. (I'm just jealous!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment