Friday, July 07, 2006

A Jersey Sunset


This is the sunset tonight on my way to the stake institute class, it really isn't that bad. It has been a very busy week, this is to make up for my lazy 4th of July. These last 3 days, I have been leaving the house at 7 in the morning and coming home after 8. Tonight I was lucky and came in 10 minutes before so I had time to change and get ready for class. Last night I was able to make it for the last part of the morristown class and had another great evening of flirting with cute girls and enjoying some clean company. I never thought the day would come when I would be the conservative one in a group that people were worried about offending.

I talked with Steve today the manager at Orkin and he has an appointment set up for me next wednesday in East Orange with the regional manager and that should be my last hoop to jump through before getting this job and moving to Brooklyn. viking really isn't terrible but I just keep finding out more things that just really bug me.... no pun intended. For example, when I start my sales in August, I don't receive a dime in commissions until the 3rd week of September. That is a long time to wait for things that I have sold but that's "company policy" there are more policies there than in the US Congress. Even the secretaries there told me that when Rich, the salesman I'm with for training, bothers them they schedule his work later and farther apart! What a great bond of friendship! I really hope something comes through other than this.

On my happy note, I was able to go for a nice motorcycle ride this morning on company time. No one in the Corporate office is able to send my paycheck to the right branch. Last week I drove out of my way to get it after work. This week, I took my bike. It really was a great way to start the morning, other than the millions of bugs that hurt like none other when going 80 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment