Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Shy Carol



This is a pic of Carol evading the camera after attending the singles ward on Sunday. She is in the stake here in Jersey and thought it would be fun to head into New York and see the singles scene.... Oh what a party it was. Actually, it turned out to be another Sunday full of snobby singles and lost tourists.

Today is the 4th of July, and just like every year, I am bored out of my mind. The worst part is, the humidity. The last few years, I have been able to spend the 4th in my cave of a basement apartment watching movies and eating pizza and ice cream. This year I have been cleaning David's room and driving around town to kill time. One nice thing is that last night I went to the store and bought some Godiva ice cream bars that are absolutely amazing. It reminded me at first of an old flame but the ice cream won out in the end.

Funny story from yesterday, I was riding along with another salesman for Viking and this guy liked to joke around. The more he joked, the more I thought of a way to get him back. Towards the end of the day he had to make a bathroom break and left me alone in the car, this was not smart on his part. I moved his seat all the way up to the steering wheel thinking that he would be smooshed as he sat down. Well, when he came running back to the car to get in he jumped feet first and slammed his right shin into the dashboard. I laughed my butt off and he was cursing like there was no tomorrow, of course my laughing stopped when he pulled up his pants and showed me a large gash in the skin but I started laughing once he told me the wound was just healing from when he did that to himself just last week. I do feel bad so I am buying him lunch on wednesday to make up for it.

Katie my little sister called me to rub it in that it was my favorite holiday and I realized that I am the Ebenezer Scrooge of July. Humbug! That's all I have to say about today.... Although on a happy note, the driver that smashed my bike will be dropping off the check to the bike shop to replace my front fender. I would say that there is hope for New Jersey but this guy is a foreigner.

As far as moving to Brooklyn is concerned, I talked with Steve the manager hiring me and he is just waiting approval from his boss and then I have the green light to jump the river and start fresh again!

No comments:

Post a Comment