Saturday, August 12, 2006

I need sleep

Another fun week of living here in NYC. With the audit over at work, things will slow down a little bit but there are a lot of things that we need to work on for the follow-up visit in a few months.

Thursday, I went up to the Morristown institute again and then went out with Brooke and Sara to a club called the Colorado Cafe. It was rock night and they had a band trying their best to rock out at all sorts of songs. My favorite was when they did the theme song from Cheers. Of course, I was one of the few people singing along but that is just a great song. I crashed at Brooke's house that night and went straight into Manhattan the next morning to meet up with my termite technicians at a job site. They were actually happy to have me drop by and check in on them even though I didn't do any work.

Last night, I met up with Liz and Tanya again at Pier 46 which is part of the Henry Hudson Park. They have free movies on the pier every Wednesday and Friday night until the end of summer. I had a blanket and we just chilled and watched that Lemony Snicketts movie, which is dumb but it was such a great night at the river that we hung out there until around midnight just talking and relaxing.

I am heading back into NJ tonight for Grant and Lisa's wedding after I do some more apartment shopping. I saw a decent room earlier that was clean and not very far from the office. Clean rooms are hard to come by but something will turn up soon enough. Mostly, I need to get a gym membership. With eating out a lot and not getting much of a workout, I am putting on some pounds.

I did have a fun experience yesterday while parking to go to the bank. I pulled into a spot that a car had just pulled out of when another car that was 30 feet up the road started backing up to get into. He saw me in the spot and started jumping up and down and throwing his arms every which way. He had to have been at least 50 and was acting like I took away his bottle. I started laughing and decided if he wanted the spot that bad, he could have it. I went around the corner and parked there. Turns out that this guy worked in the bank, I didn't say anything to him but I told the teller and we had a good laugh about him being on the verge of tears. Some people just really crack me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment