Monday, June 19, 2006

The old ballgame



What I was hoping would be a great singles activity was in fact a regional activity for everyone and we didn't get a chance to meet any females but we did have a great time attending this evening's Mets game. I felt like I was living back in Texas attending a Rangers game. Sandy Alomar Sr, was the first base coach for one of the teams. Even the great Ken Griffey Jr was there playing on the reds. We left right before the 7th inning just so we could make it home at a decent hour. They also had Missionaries sing the National Anthem. They could have used some more practice but what's the point in complaining? There was one section across the stadium that was full of white shirts and ties, my guess is that the entire mission was there.

I was hoping to make it through the DMV today and have a Jersey drivers license but I have discovered that Utah is not as backwards as I one thought. I was pushed from one station to another and told so many different things that I am not sure even now that I know what I need to do to get a new one. I almost think that it would be easier to just take the test all over again and get it over with.

As far as work goes, I am up for more tech training tomorrow with another ride along at the Denville branch. I have also decided it would be easier to just rent a room for the time being until I find a place that I really want to live. There are many more affordable rooms that will suit me fine until I am ready to pay 1500 for an apartment! Good grief!

No comments:

Post a Comment