Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Viking Man Am I



Today was my first day with Viking, and what a day it was. I got there around 8:30 this morning and met up with Dan, he is the owner's son and a decent salesman. He walked me through the basics of doing a map of the home and how they make their bids. It is quite different from me walking around a house and just giving a number, They actually do measurements and have charts for the rates. At least I won't have to do any bug learning, although I did find out they have an insect here called a cave cricket and from what I have heard, I am afraid of it too. It is a large cricket that has big hairy legs like a spider and when this cricket is disturbed, it leaps in your general direction.... I am not looking forward to that one.

I wasn't able to make it to the Joseph Smith statue like I hoped because once again I got lost and it took me a hour to get back to the Ellis house. I am just happy to start work again. I am hoping to try a different route tomorrow and see fit that will make the commute any easier. The more I think about things, I realize that it would be best to stay somewhere around Westfield. Even if it makes for a longer drive to work at least I can come home to a nice area.

Tonight calls for some ice cream. I stopped by the store after dropping off some laundry (the cute girl wasn't there that normally is) and picked up a half gallon of chocolate peanut butter cup. I want to just sort of soak in the paperwork that I went through today.

David and Damien need some help keeping time for their workout so I am heading down to the basement. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment